Thursday, October 18, 2007

A food-filling trip to T.I.

Trippin back to hometown! For your information, the destination I am heading to is Teluk Intan, Perak. Need me to introduce more? Lets join Mr. WengWai in his epical journey to exploit the Uber-Yummy food available for the taking in every corner of this petite place. Ommph!



Day 1: 13/10
Jam on the road! Once the journey begun, my mum and I were already stucked in ss2!


Siam la lao zha bors!!!


Kemasukan Jalan Tinggi


Damn!


Welcome to Kuala Bikam! Eh I am not going there right?


To the right.


Finally arrived.

Well I fooled you all didn't I? With the thought of a wooden house and cranky mud roads? Come on, everyone is shifting out from the suburban areas. Not to mention my relatives(mother's side) are all devoted Catholics. After arriving, I finally get to rest as my legs were aching from the badminton session.



A not-so pleasant dinner for the first day. Mixed rice and Chicken Rice. At least it is cheaper and taste better compared to the food I got here.




Remember, Nasi Cha Siew is not Nasi Daging Khinzir.


Raining so heavily I cannot go out for supper.

Day 2: 14/10

Time to wake up sleepyheads!

As for breakfast, wallah! Do not look down on this plate of Wan Tan Mee. It tastes 100 times better than its looks. Again, at least better than normal Wan Tan Mees you find in normal places.



After that, I went joyriding in the town.


The only library in Teluk Intan.


The road to my mom's old crib.


My mom's old crib. Very small.


Went here to pay respect to my late relatives.

Besides the Chee Cheong Fun, Teluk Intan is quite famous for the local production of Heong Piah and Tau Sah Piah(a type of biscuit). Sin Guan Hoe and Sin Guan Tin are the two pioneer shops who started the business. The bosses are brothers. After their dad passed away, they decided to split, thus the birth of two different shopnames and ownership. I hate to blabber on such long stories, lets just skip it.




The aroma of freshly out-from-the-0ven Hiong Peah.


Heavenly.


Mobile Rojak stall.


Ais Kacang and Hawaii Ais=OMG!


This is what I did.


The night is young. And so am I.


Kaya balls.

Finally, the best of the best.


I cannot see clearly now.


Is this a dream?


Whats with the machinery?


*speechless*


*shaking*

Day 3: 15/10






Wonder why I am buying flowers? Proposal? For fun? Or visiting someone in hospital?


Still haven't get the picture eh?



Nice view from the top.


The Kampar feast.


Ice Kacang. RM 2.00.


Ori Kampar Beef Noodle. RM 3.50.


Ori Kampar Fishball noodle. RM 3.00.


Ori Kampar Noodle YongTauFoo. RM 2.60.


Cloud Callout: Aye smell something farny ere!

No comments: