Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My first day in UTAR a.k.a. a WTF experience!

After attending this orientation, I had my serious doubts whether I have made a right choice coming to study in this prestigious university. I purposely woke up early this morning and reached the PA block at 8. The registration was supposed to start at 8.30. At last I realized I made a mistake that I was supposed to be in PC block. Had to trouble Reuben's mom to send me back there after dropping the bunch of Arts in PD.

Well, I reached PC at exactly 8.30. Guess how long the queue was? Imagine the first student up inside room 203 at the 3rd floor of the faculty building right out to the faculty building gates. Excellent! So I had to wait like crazy just like the rest did just for a piece of 'nice' shirt and 'goodie' bags. After around 45 minutes of shitty times, I was up at the 3rd floor.

Suddenly I saw a handsome young man. He struts down the doorway like a perfect gentleman. He opens his puffy lips and said: " I am sorry ladies and gentlemen. We are out of stock for the T-shirt and the goodie bags. You can come to the DSA(Department of Student Affairs) to collect your stuff by next Tuesday."

DULAN!

Well, there was still a freaking crowd behind me so all of us went in a fairly large hall for the proceedings of the orientation. It is very crowded inside. All I can say is from 1 to 10, the coordination of this orientation rates a 3. Even the starting of this speech by the emcees also went awkward. The video presentation was playing without audio, they had to find the technician and pulling and plugging those ports for 2 minutes, at last when they opened the volume bar in their laptop, its freaking off! Blurness! And did I mentioned some of the speakers up the stage are using broken English? This is really...... I don't know what to say...

DULAN!

After those bla-bla-black-sheep-you-have-any-wool crap, I met Davin. We went to the block cafeteria for lunch. Yet again, the queue was bad. We had to pick these small papers on a board just to pick the type of food you want. Waited quite a while for the food and worse, it doesn't taste nice and in small portion.....

DULAN!!!!

After finishing our lunch, we headed back to the hall. Before that, we were looking for the Gents. Guess what, although the tiling of both the toilet in 3rd floor was different, both of them are LADIES! WTFREAK!!! They put two LADIES on top of the building and where the hell do men pee? Had to go down and search for the toilet.

After listening to the rest of the crap, I wished I can get out of this place AFAIC. I hope I have the courage to endure this for the next.....few years? I hope this can be better. At least by tomorrow because we are having some ice breaking session and telematch


No comments: