Monday, October 20, 2008

Yesterday was the most tiresome day I had all these years. Saturday's B&B challenge was more like a mental challenge like drinking a cup of grind chili + all other spicy stuff, answering a series of question related to test your IQ and origami. Origami was the lamest task in the games... I guess the Chili Supreme really messed up my digestive system that day. Luckily we got into the final on Sunday to compete in an Amazing Race-styled challenge. Despite the mild fatigue, I still opt for a basketball game at ss2 in the evening due to the absence of rain. Well maybe due to the fact that I haven't had any games which is as intense as this day for a long time, my right leg had multiple muscle spasms. I can sense the spasm kicking in when I was in the middle of the game but I just ignored it. When the pain got into maximum level, I could not stand it anymore. While going home I was wondering how can I compete the tasks tomorrow with an injured leg? Eventually giving up was not an option for me. I had to do my best.....

Sunday morning I arrived there a little bit early. My teammates were there already. We chatted for a while before the event starts. The first task was fairly easy, its like making a circle while doing the limbo position,lying on a teammate's lap while the other one lying on yours. We got to hold this position for 3 minutes until our legs gave up. It was a fun experience. We ran around the campus completing gruesome tasks, like take turn 'wheelbarrowing' your teammates up an inclined ramp,recording myself singing to the guard for 30 seconds, filing up a 1.5 litre bottle with only 4 sponges, coming up with a UTAR cheer for 2 minutes, painting a picture of a chicken with your nose, charades. The worst was the task where we had to 'be' together inside a sheet of newspaper with a count of 10 seconds. Well the hard part is after you completed the actual size, it will be halved and again and again. We failed that task three times until we were the last group to complete it. I gave it all for this activity. My legs was trembling holding up them.. my arms was shaking as the lactic acid was flooding my muscle cells.... But I still hold on. I knew what was the factor that has driven me to complete these tasks. If not I could have gave up this already. I could see most of them were quite dissapointed as we finished last because of that crazy task only. For me I am not dissapointed because we lost, its because of someone else. After its done, I went home with an aching body and something else. I have been emo-ing for the rest of the day for unknown reasons.. I really don't know what to say.... lets just end this post. I need to go back to sleep already.

Quoted by Seng: Sometimes letting go is better than persistance.

No comments: