Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kampar Comeback #4

Dead Road

There was this Christian cell group in Kampar that Edward joined earlier. Quite an active one, lead by Pastor Nicky Ling if I am not mistaken. A very good guy indeed. They organized this event in Grand Kampar Hotel for the students to take part in. Fun-filled indeed. Obviously I would not want to miss out such exciting event. So I volunteered to help out as well, helping to fetch students from Eastlake for the event. Too bad none of them showed up from Eastlake.... What a waste of effort hahaha!

They invited a few Africans from KL to perform for this event. All of them are from Nottingham University and I would say, they are extremely smart people, having a strong faith for God as well.

Approximately 180 students showed up for the event. Wasn't expecting such a number but I guess through word of mouth, a lot of them showed up because of the free food and lucky draw they want to enjoy too.

Ed and I got ourselves a crew t-shirt just for helping out. So nice hahaha!!


Tayshawn, Rick, Melanie and Janell. A lot others that I know were at the event too.

We had a cookout a few days ago. 3 of us took the initiative to cook an Italian meal. Scrumptious...

Spaghetti Bolognaise with shreded chicken patty, sausage and smoked luncheon meat.

Sauce, Soup and Spaghetti.

Mushroom Spaghetti Soup.

Hungry Hound.

Another Hungry Hound.

Well I think this post comcludes all the stuff that I mainly did in Kampar. There are of course many more stuff I did without taking any photos. Still I think its enough to describe my daily life up here.

Till then. =D

No comments: